I am committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice or my practices with regards to your personal information, please contact me at [email protected]
When you visit my website http://www.mohoansari.com (the “Website “), and more generally, use any of my services (the “Services “, which include the website), I appreciate that you are trusting me with your personal information. I take your privacy very seriously. In this privacy notice, I seek to explain to you in the most straightforward way possible what information I collect, how I use it, and what rights you have concerning it. I hope you take some time to read through it carefully, as it is essential. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you disagree with, please discontinue my Services immediately.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through my Services (which, as described above, includes my website), as well as any related services, sales, marketing, or events.
Please read this privacy notice carefully as it will help you understand what I do with the information that I collect.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO I COLLECT?
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when visiting my website.
I automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information). However, it may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about who and when you use my website and other technical details. This information is primarily needed to maintain my website’s security and operation and for my internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, I also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
The information I collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data are service-related, diagnostic usage, and performance information my servers automatically collect when you access or use my website and record them in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, and settings and information about your activity in the website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
- Device Data. I collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other devices you use to access the website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include your IP address (or proxy server), device application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, and operating system configuration information.
- Location of Data. I collect information data, such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information I gather depends on the type of settings of the device you use to access the website. For example, I may utilize GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells me your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt-out of allowing me to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Locations settings on your device. Note, however, if you choose to opt-out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
2. HOW DO I USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: I process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of my contract with you, compliance with my legal obligations, and/or your consent.
I use personal information collected via my website for a variety of business purposes described below. I process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on my legitimate business interests, enter into or perform a contract with you, consent, and/or comply with my legal obligations. I indicate the specific processing grounds I rely on next to each purpose listed below.
I use the information I collect or receive:
- To send administrative information to you. I may use your personal information to send you the product, service, and new feature information and/or information about changes to my terms, conditions, and policies.
- To protect my Services. I may use your information as part of my efforts to keep my website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce my terms, conditions, and policies for business purposes, comply with legal and regulatory requirements, or connect with my contract.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If I receive a subpoena or other lawful request, I may need to inspect the data I hold to determine how to respond.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: I only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
I may process or share your data that I hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: I may process your data if you have given me specific consent to use your personal information within a particular purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: I may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve my legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where I have entered into a contract with you, I may process your personal information to fulfill my contract terms.
- Legal Obligations: I may disclose your information where I am legally required to do so to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: I may disclose your information where I believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of my policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which I am involved.
More specifically, I may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. I may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of my business to another company.
5. IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
In Short: I may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
My servers and hosts are located in. If you are accessing my website from outside, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by me in my facilities and by those third parties with whom I may share your personal information, in and other countries.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area, these countries may not necessarily have data protection laws or other similar laws as comprehensive as those in your country. However, I will take all necessary measures to protect your personal information following this privacy notice and applicable law.
6. HOW LONG DO I KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: I keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
I will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice unless a more extended retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require me to keep your personal information for longer than 90 days.
When I have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, I will either delete or anonymize such information or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then I will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. HOW DO I KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: I aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
I have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information I process. However, despite my safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so I cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat my security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although I will do my best to protect your personal information, personal information transmission to and from my website is at your own risk. You should only access the website within a secure environment.
8. DO I COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: I do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
I do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. Using the website, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the website. If I learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, I will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to delete such data from my records promptly. If you become aware of any data I may have collected from children under age 18, please contact me at [email protected].
9. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area, and you believe I am unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect my website’s features or services.
10. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage, no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, I do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that I must follow in the future, I will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
11. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits my users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) I disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which I shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to me using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the website, you have the right to request the removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the website. To ask the removal of such data, please contact me using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. I will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the website, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all my systems (e.g., backups, so forth).
12. DO I MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
In Short: Yes, I will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
I may update this privacy notice from time to time an updated “Revised” date will indicate the updated version, and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If I make material changes to this privacy notice, I may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. I encourage you to frequently review this privacy notice to be informed of how I protect your information.
13. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT ME ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email me at [email protected]
HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA I COLLECT FROM YOU?
Based on your country’s applicable laws, you may have the right to request access to the personal information I collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please submit a request form email. I will respond to your request within 30 days.
By the way, the most reliable way to communicate, I think, is still email. Not so easy to send them for anything, there is plenty of room to write, and people do not expect an immediate response! Hence, for all-purpose, you can reach me via: [email protected] and for academic-related issues: [email protected].